Monday, October 23, 2006

Dogs in 100 Years

On my way to work this morning, I saw someone stooping and scooping his dog's poop. It's the law here, but it's also polite. He pulled out his baggie, grabbed the handful of poop, and dropped it into the nearby garbage bin. But it makes me wonder what the dog is thinking.

Dogs work in packs, and we humans are supposed to be the leader of the pack. Even a pack of 1. So is the dog thinking, "Wow, I must be really special if the leader of the pack is picking up my poop." Because you know darn well that's what cats think when you clean the litter box. We are their staff, to be sure! I wonder if the way dogs think will develop over time.

In 100 years, will dogs have a cat attitude toward us? "I am so great you feel compelled to pick up my poop, carry it around to share the odours, and then deposit it in a special metal container for further distribution." I shudder to think!

No comments: